burning bridges...

 


I was accused of "burning bridges"
sad...
I am here alone on an island
I would not want to burn any bridges

for years I reached out
my efforts were ignored

for years my family gathered without me
people gathered with my father and family without me
my children celebrated birthdays and such without me in the room
for years...

people say that I am burning bridges

what about their actions?

can they not see that they systematically disassembled those bridges

I was here alone on this island
while they were gathered without me

again...
people did to me what I would never do to them
and of course
people allowed people to do to me what they would never allow others to do to them

so...
I ask...
am I burning bridges?
or
did my family destroy those bridges on their own?