Chess and memories...


ah... 
the passage of time
right now... I am adjusting to an "empty nest"
divorce was a bit of an adjustment 
its was like a migratory empty nest with our shared custody situation

this photos each bring up a thousand memories
some good and others not so good

the above photo is from Cox Farm
a fall highlight for me and the boys
a day that had no appeal for Lisa
or maybe it was that Lisa had no appeal for me

then the lower image
Grant playing Chess
this Christmas older brother Dean gave his sibling a Chess set for Christmas
a Nintendo\Mario Themed Chess Set!

love to see that the boys enjoy this game that I introduced to them as small children
in this photo we are playing Chess while on a trip to New Orleans
waiting for our Beignets 

there are good memories from that trip
but sadly
I think that the memories are all with the children and not the couple
easily one of the flaws of parenting
too much focus on the children and not enough focus on the couple

well... no going back
I have been divorce for over 7 years 
and
my ex wife died of cancer in Spring last year