eBikes of different classes... Russell summed it up best...

 


okay... it is funny
it is very funny
friends of mine are always laughing at me for my eBike rants
sorry... I can not contain myself
it amuses me
it intrigues me
it frustrates me
and well
it kinda entertains me

I like bikes
my like of bikes means that I am in favor of bikes
but by proxy
I am going to be in less favor of eBikes
why?
the bike is fine as the bike
and well
motorcycles are something different

what bothers me?

that people hide the motor by accenting the way the motor is powered
"not a motorcycle... an eBike"

I rode my motorcycle across the US
as much as I love bikes
I never once tried to call my Kawasaki a gBike or Gas Bike
just called it what it was
a motorcycle

simple...
logic and reasoning
you have a bicycle
you put a motor on it
you get a motorcycle

now... 
level of power does not change thing
assist or throttle
it is still a motor

a BB gun is not a bow and arrow because it has less power
a BB gun is a type of gun
just as an eBike is a type of motorcycle
it loses bicycle status by putting a motor on it

how is that not the most simple logic ever?

eBikes are fine
just forget the loop hole
stop claiming that these things are bikes
if these same vehicles of this same power had exhaust pipes and were powered by gasoline
they would not be permitted where the bicycle go
but somehow
eBikes have this loophole gray area 

sure... buy an eBike
sure... ride an eBike
go ahead... love your eBike
but
just be honest with the world
an eBike is not a Bike
or 
you would have just bought a bike
but it was the motor that you were attracted to 
the motor that gives the assist
the motor that makes the bike a motorcycle