Dang... the Porch Pirates are THIRSTY!!!


as I posted on Nextdoor
Good Morning...
Not the best start to the day...
Coming back from walking the dog I see a man on the sidewalk with a wheelbarrow... we are walking head on - face to face... just as we are about to pass... I start in on a hello and then stall... I see what is in his wheelbarrow... three five gallon bottles of Deer Park spring water... the same type of water that I buy... the same type that had been delivered as I left out to walk the dog... I glance over his shoulder to see my front yard... the Ready Fresh delivery person put the water inside the fence on my sidewalk... the water that had been delivered was not in my front yard...
deductive reasoning... that is my water.
I asked for my water back... walked up the block and opened the gate... I offered to call the police... he wanted to tell me his alibi about how he thought it was being given away... I was not interested in his words... I just wanted my water... I did not believe his words... I just wanted my water... he kept telling me this and telling me that... claimed that he did not lie... I just wanted my water... he went onto my property and took my water... had I not returned at this moment - he would have left with my water... this was clearly not a case of someone putting out something for someone to pick up like a Little Library or Buy Nothing grab... it was more like food delivery... something like water delivery.
sure... I should have just been happy to get my water back... but our exchange went south fast... he was aggressive and loud... looking for my address and claiming that he would be coming back...
I do not enjoy that thought...
here is a photo of him... he was leaving out towards third and Quackenbos St NW... I regret not being more quick with the camera
I am not a fan of Porch Pirates or other such criminals of opportunity...
he lives local... he boasted about Kennedy Street and Jefferson...
is someone missing a blue wheelbarrow?