Thanksgiving is Approaching... Thanksgiving and Fall in general often remind me of Pittsburgh


Thanksgiving!
Thanksgiving Ritual and Thanksgiving Routine!

in my past life...
in my married life...
for many many years our routine was to go to Pittsburgh
it was what it was...
I like to think I made the best of it
the bed was uncomfortable
and
I do not think it is uncommon for people to feel awkward being a prisoner in their inlaws house 

being with Lisa for 4 years of dating and 16 years of marriage
there were many many trips to Pittsburgh for Thanksgiving

I tried... I tried to create ritual and I tried to create routine
there was no interest in a family football game...
I could not rally the troops to go ice skating...
I tried and I tried...
the Pittsburgh Children's Museum became a tradition for a few years in there

lots of memories in there...
Primate Brothers and other Pittsburgh old school spots

separation and then divorce changed things

still struggling to create ritual and routine
still trying to fit in with my family

the boys are both in college

for the past many years I have hosted different versions of Thanksgiving
with what I believe was a major success

yes... this rainy day in DC reminds me of Thanksgiving in Pittsburgh 

so many great memories
and then
some not so great memories

it is all about the spin cycle
I can focus on the negativity or the positive
like the below photo
a Holiday Card
the era in a relationship where the parents no longer display them to the world as a couple
just the kids
it all becomes about the kids

this was a great day in Pittsburgh Carnegie Science Center
I could spin it different

Lisa did over react to my reflection in the mirror of the Holiday card


not only was there a Pittsburgh tradition
there was a Marco Island 

lots of great memories of Marco Island

many many great memories with my boys
also a few good memories of Lisa