Broken Readers... trying to clean up... it is good to see trash as trash!


so... a few months back I got an ad for reader aka reading glasses
oh man... I am old
the Interweb knows my market
but wait... who is that?
he looks familiar!

I know him!

THAT IS TOBY MORSE!


okay... so the reality is I do not know Toby well
I knew him "when"

when I was in college
Toby was a young skater in the local punk\skater community
oh wow... 
the energy... the passion
THE INTENSITY!

Interview with Toby Morse

hold on... I need to flip the record
no... not the new Minor Threat single the came out on DISCHORD Records last week
but the Beatles album I have spinning on the turn table

I m back...
where was I?

oh... so I saw this ad for Caddis Readers
it was cool
their linkage to Toby was AWESOME!
it made sense

but I lack the money to test the economic sense of a 150 dollar pair of readers versus 15 pairs of readers that I throw away when they break

fast forward to now...
last week I went to catch the Soulside\Scream show at the Black Cat
WOW!
so clean... so crisp... so powerful...
both of them
each of them has risen to such a pro level
but enough on that... more to the Caddis Readers

so...
being tired from my bike all day bicycle job I took an Uber to the show
considered getting a ride back from friends
but the Uber made more sense
so... I caught an Uber

the Uber arrived
initially I reached for the front door to ride shotgun in the passenger seat
that door may have been locked
but really... I quickly noticed that there was far more leg room in the backseat
so I went ahead and got into the back where the drive may have wanted me
as I slide in I felt something
I had sat on something

oh... what is that?
oh... glasses
bummer... someone lost their glasses
dang... bummer... I pull out my readers and see that these readers are my specifications 2.0
tried them on
there we go... a fresh set of readers
more hip... more cool than my three pack from Costco!
BONUS SCORE!

seemed like good Lost and Found potential
it seemed unlikely for the owner to be reconnected with their lost readers 

not looking to argue
not trying to rationalize 
just trying to share that I got some Caddis Readers
in black not camo 


now... 
how long before I lose or break these?
trying to keep them not as my daily readers, but my adult with adult readers
like going out or being with other adults

images of Toby Morse with Ian Mackaye
Ian was an influence on the development of Toby's ethos
cool to see them catching up and connecting
also always to see Toby and Company out touring and playing shows
love seeing my friends achieve their dreams!


I need to check out Toby's Podcast!