Lefty... RIP Lefty... Good? Bad? Complex? Confused? No matter how you describe her... she was Legendary!


DC Legend
DC Lore
RIP Lefty
You were a colorful character and very much a part of the DC Punk Scene in its prime...
sorry that you will not be around to tell your stories
as I am sure you have many
Peace to you Lefty
You are not forgotten

Lefty will live on in our Memories

as accurate or untrue as those memories may be

 


did I know her?
was I friends with her?
did I have engagement or encounters with her?
what were my impressions of her?



I did not know Lefty as much more than the stories or her reputation
I would see her... of course I would see her...
she was here, there, everywhere...
she was an integral part of the scene

Wilson Center... RAR... Dupont Circle...
Georgetown...

people went to shows...
but people went to shows to hang out...
if people could not forge the stamp on their hands to dodge the five dollar cover
people would just hang out in front of the venue
lots of just hanging out


yes... 
I had my encounters
nothing too negative
some aggressive encounters from her
all was dispelled quickly
once I recall her criticizing my wearing thin basher braces and she thought they were cool but was pissed that I was wearing them and that I was not a skin
and other such similar "tough guy" or maybe "bully" encounters


RIP Lefty

sorry that you are gone 
would have loved for you to spend some time to clear the air

in adult life I ran into you in various parts of town while I was doing my BLOG thing
we talked... I asked to take your photo
you said no... you thought it was weird... I get it...

what were the stories?
what was the truth?

Who was Lefty?
Why was Lefty who she was?