Bicycle Photo Project... several bicycle themed books from 20 Years of Gwadzilla... deep into a DC Messenger Photo Book from 2004- the present

 


over the last two monthsI have been working on a photo book project
several photo book projects 

over the past 20 years I have been a photo taking fool
snapping photos of cyclist at various bicycle events
then also
catching photos of cyclist in and around the city
messengers... commuters... etc

this has me wading through all sorts of media 
separating photos into different groups

main groups
Bike Messengers and Urban Cyclists
so many photos
had I organized them along the way
this would be a different project
so far... the project has been a digital wrestling match


photos are stored on all sorts of old computers and hard drives
there are dozens of SD and CF Cards
madness
complete madness

lots of digital issues

computer and hard drives that will not boot
SD and CF Cards that can not be read

I have been able to trouble shoot many images back to life
but still
many gaps in my archives

I backed up lots of the early stuff many times
which has me going over similar sets of images over and over again 



still sorting images
still hopeful that I can find more images 
heartbroken on the missing images
there is a pit in my stomach about the years and years of missing images
more recent stuff
maybe gap in my photo history


these images may give you a sense of my image collection
I do not have photos of every messenger
but
the messengers that I have photos of
I often have many photos of those individuals

Colin Mather 
a messenger... a neighbor... a friend...
the photo project gave me an opportunity to interact with strangers
many of these stranger became my friends over time 

Colin was great subject
very handsome
very photogenic
had a cool style

excited for the photo project
glad to be making this happen

yesterday I took a break from sorting images and created a few photo books of the Early Gwadzilla Photos
two books on DC Bike Messengers and a book of Gwadzilla Collages
I created a GoFundMe to help get some support for this project
had considered a KickStarter, but feared that I did not have it together enough to follow some of their guidelines 
(like meeting the dollar sign goal... KickStarter is ALL OR NONE)
and then the incentive

creating and shipping a "reward" to donors just seemed like another job
and
a way to reduce the donations
just did not seem to make sense for my project

Book Project is in Full Force
the books I created will be available for purchase to GoFundMe Donors at a reduced price
but... 
then those books will no longer be available 
as... they are incomplete in relation to my desired finished project

but... as I said... but...
but...
I time was passing and I wanted the supporters to know that I was hard at work and that things were moving along
the there donations were not without cause
that is project is really happening

so... 
DONATE AND SHARE 
Donate to my GoFundMe Campaign
and then
Share my GoFundMe Campaign

donors will send me a direct message requesting a link to the book purchase
that link will be live for a week or two
then removed
so... contribute now to get the option to make this initial book purchase

thank you
Joel Gwadz's Gwadzilla Photo Book GoFundMe Campaign





Gwadzilla GoFundMe