Head of the Charles is in Boston this weekend... heading up to see Grant row... GO TERRIERS!

 

so...
on my last to visits to Boston my buddy Jay Downs shared some "hotel miles"
and treated me to a hotel
THANKS JAY!

Jay was returning the favor from when I hosted him and his riding partner when they rode from Pittsburgh to DC in a day on the Gap Trail 

I thought I had lodging... but those plans fell through

those plans fell through just a week before the event
so... I put out a Crowd Sourcing Call Out on Facebook
someone recommended Couch Surfing 
the app became a pay service
so... I did a Google for other similar apps

found one...

Couchers Dot Org
logged on... started the process
that was in the morning... by noon I had an offer from Thomas Robertson
HELL YES! 
Thanks Tom!

gonna be a great weekend
Tom's place is in Summerville not far from downtown
several miles
perfect opportunity of me to bring a bicycle and to ride to the regatta
much better than struggling for parking and then walking the great distance to Charles River 

SO EXCITING!

Excited to See Grant
Excited to see Grant Race

Go Terriers!

I need to pick up a gift for my host
something DC...
what should I get?

I thought I could get a Tin of Old Bay and a Bottle of Mumbo Sauce
he can flavor some French Fries!