OUCH!
so for lunch I dashed down from my office at 20th and M Street to North Capitol Street where the Permit office is...and like an idiot I got hit by a cab on my way back...
to be quite honest it was pretty much my fault
I had weaved my way through the line of traffic and was at the intersection waiting for the light to turn green or the path to be clear or hopefully both
when the light turned green
the cab driver somehow did not see that there was a 6'4" 225 pound man on a bicycle in front of him
and he went forward just as I started to pedal
and smack
his bumper snapped my foot out of my SPD (shimano clip in pedals)
and his hood tagged my knee
somehow I managed to regain/maintain balance and ride forward
not feeling that there was any damage or that anyone was any more in the wrong than the other
I went on my way
went the final blocks into the office
and started to feel some pain in my knee
took some advil
and back at my desk
did I mention that this married man was looking at a women in the park eating his lunch when he should have been watching the traffic signal and more importantly the cars around him?
oh well....
another lesson that was forgotten and now remember.....
ALWAYS PAY ATTENTION AND STAY OUT OF THE WAY OF TAXIS AND CABS
THE DRIVERS ARE BLIND, STUPID, and INCONSIDERATE
oh, yea
KEEP YOUR EYES ON THE ROAD AND YOUR MIND ON YOUR TASKS AT HAND

when riding my bike I should not be doing my taxes....I would do my taxes better at a desk with a calculator.....so do not worry about problems that can not be solved while on the bike....there are enough issues to concern myself with to keep my mind and body occupied

did I mention that my knee hurts