the KARATE MONKEY has arrived
it is really quite a site (is that sight?)
sort of looks like a Hum V with a military paint job
it is a monster of a bike
towers over anything I have seen or felt ever in my life

the frame is larger than any mountain frame I have ever owned; 22 inches
and the wheels
did I mention the wheels?
the wheels are measured at approximately 29 inches in diameter
(a normal mountainbike has 26 inch diameter wheels)
this is one MONSTER BIKE! Sitting on this thing is like being on top of a wave
it will take some serious getting use to
the taller frame with the taller wheels makes for a sick stand over height

but in actuality
what is weird about this bike
it may be the first bike that I have ever owned that actually fits me
will let you know how it goes

for those techies out there I will give a basic breakdown of the machine
SURLY KARATE MONKEY FRAME
SINGLE SPEED SET UP
RIGID FORK
SALSA RIMS
XT DISC HUB FRONT/SURLY SINGLE SPEED HUB IN BACK
Deore Levers
AVID MECHANICAL DISC FRONT/DEORE V BRAKE IN THE BACK
an assortment of SALSA COMPONENTS (bars, stem, etc)
THUDBUSTER SEATPOST (Cane Creek)
Cane Creek headset
WTB MOTO Raptor 29 inch tires
WTB SPEED V saddle
okay
I am a little weak on the tech talk
there are also some other parts, cranks and such
guess I would prefer to get out and ride it or get back to work so I do not lose my job
180mm Cranks
32X17 gearing


here is a DIRT RAG article on the KARATE MONKEY!