ah... marriage...

 


the other day when I was a few blocks from home on the bike when I saw an adult man walking his bike on the sidewalk...

I slowed my pace and took a glance his way
it looked like one of his tires was flat
he was on a hybrid with 700c tires
there was a frame mounted bicycle pump

my riding along side of him caught his attention and I asked
"got a flat?"
he replied yes... then went on to tell me that it was a slow leak
he tired to repair it but it went flat again

slow leak
which has him walking for a bit
pumping things up
riding for a bit
then walking again

not knowing whether or not he was married I asked...
"why not call your wife?"

to which he responded... I did that once...

my mind raced with amusing husband\wife exchanges
 
he did not have to tell me why he did not call her for assistance

if she had a flat... he would drop what he is doing to lend aid to his wife
while he was not comfortable taking the risk of making that call
he had called for back up before
in my mind I already knew how it goes

I laughed... told him I was divorce and pedaled away and said, "marriage"