A few photos from Chinatown..


ah... Chinatown
what was previously known as China Block
DC's Chinatown has changed...
what was once a few quiet blocks in NW DC
is now a vibrant city center
with a high end shopping district called City Center

the Chinatown Arch I great for a photo opportunity

I miss elements of "old Chinatown"
but... I also enjoy the new Chinatown


some of the old spots remain...
Chinatown Express still has its lunch special and its noodles being made in the front window
then a few other throwbacks
but no more Chinese markets
no more Chinese Stores

not sure if Chinatown even has a Kung Fu studio anymore


I love the Gwadzilla Archives... so should you...


Street Photography can elicit a response...


with the Macro lens... many photos can be taken in a more stealth sort of way



as much as I enjoy Street Photography
never do I wish to offend my subject
my effort is to document a moment
capture a moment
but to present that person or people in a certain light
not trying to degrade or embarrass 

bikes are cool
I am always trying to take some cool photos

when I worked at the Smithsonian... my work took me to the museums at Union Station and Chinatown
making for quick opportunities to capture a chance photo as I stepped in and out of various offices