Happy Birthday Michelle Obama... National Portrait Gallery Photos


Facebook brings up Facebook Memories
on Michelle Obama's Birthday Facebook brought up this memory
a trip to the National Portrait Gallery before it opened one morning a few years back when my sister was in town from NYC

cool little perk from my Smithsonian Days...

a backstage pass to the Smithsonian Museums
I miss walking through those halls
 

our visit happened to be on Michelle Obama's Birthday
I think my sister was more excited by the portrait of LL COOL J
me...
I have never see NCIS Whatever


while this chance run in with Cindy Lou Molnar...
pictured below dusting off the female Supreme Court Justices
another painting that my sister was drawn to
for me... it was the conservationist that was most intriguing 
the dusting of the paintings is such a personal touch

Cindy Lou Molnar head of Conservation at the NPG
George Washington gets a touch up
Smithsonian Magazine on the Washington portrait repair