Adam and his crafty bakfiets... donated his old Cargo Bike to Gearin Up Bicycles!!!


Adam had been talking about retiring his old home made Dutch Cargo Bike... aka Bakfiet... or in this case... Frankenbakfiet

so... I aided in donating an old LIME bike to the project

Adam finished the new build last week
so this weekend when I stopped by to see the new machine
rather than focus on the eBike-ness of his builds
I asked...
"well... what are ya gonna do with the old Cargo Bike?
-hesitation-
"how about donating it to Gearin Up Bicycles?"


 

I loaded the black cargo bike in the top photo into the back of my Honda Element and drove straight over to Gearin Up Bicycles

with some help of a volunteer I brought in the bike and showed it to General Manager Keith
now... I am not sure if Keith was as excited as I had hoped he would be
that said... Keith is being pulled in 65 different directions

another bike... another broken bike... another project...
it is exactly what he wants
but 
he already has a bike... he already has many many broke bikes... and he has multiple other projects

well...
I dropped off the bike with the hope that it becomes a Shop Bike!

it has a motor
it could be used to run errands

but...
it needs to be rebuilt
and
the steering system needs to be re-engineered

so there is minor fabrication that needs to happen

also...
there needs to be some bolts for the joints

that said...
I would think one of the mechanics could get excited about making this bicycle happen

it could happen as a eBike or remove that batter and motor
put on different wheels and rebuild the whole bike

thanks Adam!!!

Gearin Up Appreciates the Project!!
((I hope))