National Bike Summit is hosted in DC NEXT WEEK...


The LAB is hosting the National Bike Summit next week in Washington DC
due to Covid
the events will be a blend of in person and virtual
bummer... meeting people virtually just is not the same

above is a shot of me catching up with Gary Fisher

 


Who will be there?
Who is coming to town?

Above is Jonathan Maus of Bike Portland


Yucking it up with the legendary Maurice Tierney of the now now more Dirt Rag magazine


messing around with someone from Bikes Vienna before the Congressional Bicycle Ride
I feel that the event should have MORE ride options
and by MORE I do not mean MORE mountain bike rides
but really...
that should be an option


above I am laughing with Dave Weins 
Dave is the Executive Director of IMBA


these are just a few shots from over the years
the Gwadzilla Facebook Page has all sorts of images
as does the Gwadzilla Blog

National Bike Summit on the Gwadzilla Page
NBS on the Gwadzilla Page

I am not planning on attending the National Bike Summit...
I will have to work
but maybe...
just maybe I can cruise past and crash an event or two

although I am not attending the National Bike Summit
it is on my radar
earlier this month I was doing some volunteer work with Gearin Up Bicycles here in DC
in talking with the General Manager Keith I learned that GUP was interested in the Summit... but lacked the funds to attend
I asked if I could try to get a scholarship for this awesome bicycle not for profit here in DC
and well...
I was able to connect the dots
the League (LAB) does offer scholarships
talked with Alyssa from the LAB and was able to connect her with Gearin Up 
great to help out where I can...