Tried to Dodge the rain... stepped into Big Wheel Bikes in Georgetown...

 


earlier this week I grabbed a three dollar Falafel Sandwich from Falafel Inc...
but then needed someplace out of the rain to eat it
so...
I thought I would see if I knew anyone at the Georgetown Big Wheel Bikes

zipped on over...

it was crowded...
could hardly get my bike in with its wide bars

there was an employee hanging out with a messenger that I knew
when the Big Wheel Bikes employee sparked up a smoke
not a doobie
but a cigarette

SHOCKING!

DISGUSTING!

the space in there is diminutive
zero ventalation 

I was gone faster than I entered
but not without sharing my thoughts

"it is illegal to smoke in a public business...
sure...  I know Sendar is dead...
but this is bad for business"

the kid responds as exhaling more smoke into the small space
"but it is raining outside"

the rain does not change the laws
and
it is disgusting

NO CUSTOMER WANTS TO WALK INTO A SMOKE FILLED BICYCLE SHOP!
no one is looking for that shopping experience
it is not 1971
that is not how people roll

Mike Sendar is Dead...
how long will his shops survive?