Tried going to the Library Tavern in DC again... reminded there are many reasons why I don't go their more regularly or at all...

 it was Saturday night...
wanted to get dinner and a drink with Marina
we decided to go local... someplace we could walk to... maybe try someplace we do not normally visit...
Library Tavern was suggested
seemed like a decent option - even if we were not sure about the menu as the web listed this spot as Persian, but a glance at the menu on another page was Mexican

I have not heard of Persian - Mexican Fusion 

made the short walk for an early dinner
Happy Hour on a Saturday Night

ah...
The Library Tavern... looks so inviting...
oh... there is a downstairs lounge
we went to investigate 
the lounge was reserved for a private party
oh... okay... maybe a sign to keep me from walking down the stairs only to have to walk back up
no worries

back to the upstairs
we took a booth
another booth was occupied
maybe one person at the bar
not much traffic on Saturday Night
but... it was early

we sat down and started to review the menu

Cameo was on the stereo upstairs... I think it was the Six Flags techno song playing in the basement

with the bar\restaurant\downstairs vacant... there was nothing to buffer the music
simultaneously I was listening to Cameo and the rumbling base of some basic Techno
it was an audio version of water boarding
one or the other would be questionable
but both?
not acceptable

the waiter came to our table to take our order... maybe get us some drinks before we decided on dinner

but before ordering, I asked... can we do something about the music?
Maybe Cameo? or maybe Techno? It is unlistenable to have to sit hear and listen to both
there was no way that I would spend my hard earned nickels and dimes in this torture room
the waiter was nice, but was not going to have the music turned off

as we walked out... I could hear the waiter talking to the manager
which was nice
but really... this is not an error in this moment
this is an error in EVERY moment

How was that couple at the booth enduring this madness? 

that could very easily be my last visit to the Library Tavern in Washington, DC
with so many options... why would I eat there?

what were my issues on previous visits that had me hesitant upon returning?

I can not recall... I just remember leaving never feeling like I needed to return

walked from The Library Tavern to Jackie Lee's

ah... Jackie Lee's... the local DIVE BAR... good menu... fun wait staff... only one song on the stereo at a time

PERFECT!

Went to Jackie Lee's had some drinks and dinner... Good Times!