Ibrahim is back in the States... taking on the Leadville 100 in August! (He could use some support)


Ibrahim
Ibrahim BLOGGED about his Leadville Adventure in 2007

I blogged about him in 2007

Chance running into Ibrahim...
we talked for a second
maybe half a second
I snapped these images and got back to work


my buddy Dario saw the images and hit me up 

Dario was like...
"that is my guy... I am gonna get him a bike!"

I was like... funny... I saw him and thought
maybe he needs a bike
but in that thought I thought
maybe everyone he meets is welcomed in by the smile and that story
and then
that person tries to get him a bike

after talking to Dario I figured
I can help this guy get a bike

so... I reached out to my friends\team mates on DCMTB
sure enough...
someone had a bike
not one of their old mountain bike race bikes
but... a bike from a recently deceased family member
a solid ride
but... not a race worthy mountain bike

Matt C. offered up his father in-laws Fuji Bike 

I was stoked...
then the next day while out doing my BikeShare thing
I see Ibrahim
before I can say anything he is here and gone
Ibrahim has a bike

I communicated this to Dario
"I can get you a bike, but Ibrahim has a bike... maybe he has many bikes"

in this process... just as I reached out to members of my team for a bike
I also reached out to another friend

Eric Channing Brewer hosted Ibrahim back in 2007
I emailed Eric
thinking that Dario and I could meet with Eric and that Eric could give us some background

days passed...
the bike was offered up and I felt like it needed to be picked up
as offered are often in the moment
there are unspoken expiration dates

so... I picked up the Fuji from Matt
and then... I met with Eric

Eric has his hands in the mix
Eric is many things bike
rides bikes... races bikes... founder of the Tweed Ride... on the board of Gearin Up Bicycles 
and 
Eric is a solid dude

Eric came over... 
we talked
I showed Eric the bike
I got some background

I liked what I heard... was not shocked on some things

so... it turns out Ibrahim has not been here all along
when I ran into him he had not been back in DC for long

Ibrahim is in town to train and then race the Leadville 100

but...
this can not be done without some assistance and support
so...
I am working to see if I can work to give this man some support 
or better yet
I am trying to see if I can help Ibrahim to find some support

on DCMTB there is a team member who owns a small bicycle company
COBALT BIKES

I reached out to Mike Trumpfelter and gave him a short pitch
MikeT was interested... very interested

I am going to work to connect Ibrahim with MikeT

also reached out to other people on DCMTB
Team Captain Todd Keller is interested in seeing what DCMTB and some of his contacts at IMBA may be able to do for this guy

so... WHEELS ARE TURNING
maybe MOUNTAIN BIKE WHEELS

need to get in touch with Ibrahim
need to connect Ibrahim with some of my friends and contacts

I think we can help

COBALT WOULD BE AN AMAZING SPONSOR!

Dario aka Zero Shame