Breakdancing in the Olympics... Have the Olympics JUMPED THE SHARK?

 


So... 
in 2024 Breakdancing will be in the Olympics

this is just a tad weird
as the Olympics were so strict about the sports they allowed to be part of the program
since the inception the Olympics stayed true to its origins
but...
my feeling
after rejecting so many sports requests to be part of the Olympic Games
the Olympic committee must have seen that other games were creating their own arenas for competition
the X GAMES and the success of the X GAMES must have causes changes with the Olympics

trendy... popular... youth based sports... sports that attracted young audiences 
these sports that were previously ignored became part of the program 

Snowboarding... Skateboarding...
previously "fringe" sports now Olympic sports

me... 
I have no dog in this fight
I really do not care either way
but... I do have a problem with some of these sports
too many subjective sports

all of the sports without a finish line involve a bit of subjectivity
I much prefer Speed Skating to Figure Skating
Figure Skating would be the most subjective of the scoring 
the costumes... music... make up... 
what else are they scoring?
 
more power to the athletes 
but
not sure how this activity of break dancing has gone from an activity of artistic expression to an athletic competition 
sure... it is athletic 

oh well...
we will see
or I will at least see highlights
not sure how much of this I will be tuned in for 

I will not be watching ARTISTIC SWIMMING (previously known as Synchronized Swimming)