Confer Cat 2024 is DONE!

Just going to jot down some notes
maybe some ideas before the ideas are gone
got to the start early
maybe too early 
which was fine
better than being late 

I was on time... it was awkward...

although the emotion is forgotten
I do not like the feeling of being there before
no people
not sure who or how many people will show up 

got to the start early
made contact
felt I had a second to get a few photos
did some messaging with various people 

Dario was running late... seemed like he was on time...

Hole in the Wall Volunteer Alan Goad showed up first...

it was like a trip into Pee Wee's Playhouse
no... not in a Paul Rubin bucket and sponge sort of way
but in a classic Pee Wee's Big Adventure sort of way
Alan had gone all out for his Hole in the Wall Checkpoint

Alan had water... watermelon, freezer pops - Racers were to pick up a freezer pop and bring the wrapper to the finish - intention was for them to eat it and bring the wrapper - I arrived just in to snap a few shots 

Suave and Philly's Michael Dailey were putting a lock on the fence and dancing to the music on the blue tooth speaker in the shape of an old suitcase 

it was classic!
Alan put on Everything But the Girl as I was loading ups and riding out 

lots of people filtered through fast in the short time I was there

I was more focused on watermelon than photograph

Alan gave me an update and I realized I needed to keep moving if I were to beat the finishers to The Pug Finish and also get to see a few checkpoints

on the bike and straight to Buzzard Point from the Hole in the Wall
I took the back exit... not sure if it was more fast.. but it is quite as opposed to the South Capital Exit that is loud and obnoxious

pulled into Buzzard Point so stoked on the Vibe

for most people the logical move would be to go to The Hole in the Wall and then the Splash Park at Yards Park before Buzzard Point

I was headed straight to Buzzard Point 

They had it going on... it looked like Gilligan's Island... a hammock would have made it complete...

Albone was looking cool with the water over his back... Sven was in a camping chair experiencing comfort that most people experience in a lazy boy and wheeler was working the grill like it was Mel's Diner! 

FOR REAL! 

KISS MY GRITS!

As riders rolled up Wheeler shouted out their order and started to assemble custom hot dogs... it was AWESOME!

I ate a few hot dogs and took a few photos but knew I had to keep moving

no time for Titanic Memorial I needed to see the Dice Game at L Enfant
Doubles are Lucky!

my timing was perfect
racers were coming in and rolling through

the racers were doing a lap larger than I had intended
no one was complaining
it was consistent and fair
and hilarious
everyone was having a ball with it

time was moving
I had snapped a few photos
not sure what I got
I do know I forgot to get my set of Purple Dice
thanks Cody... I have Dice... but they were cool purple dice!

but I knew I needed to get across town

it was my thought that I could beat the leaders of the race to The Gantry ant 300 Morse St NE

okay... pause
there was a manifest snafu
there was an A and B manifest
and one of those manifests had the wrong address for the gantry 

that threw things off
it did not please me to have such an error

okay... moving forward

realizing that there was some good milage to cover by the leaders I went to REI to get some water
actually I went to le Columbe for sparkling water
but they were closed
so.... I got water from REI

did not have my lock... so I moved through fast
talked to the security guard on the way out
so I did not move through that fast

out the door and on the bike
just two blocks away I could see some action at The Gantry up the hill in the distance

there was a good gathering
not racers yet
just a few checkpoint workers
and some other racers just migrating the course 

Nate had it going on
we had talked about this spot
and maybe a water balloon game
I thought Nate was hesitant about the whole thing
turns out he as game

Nate had water balloons and the racers had to toss the water ballon over the structure
then catch it
it was funny... I tried to get some photos
it totally worked out

except...the manifest error had the majority of the racers not make it to this locaiton
because their manifest had a wrong address
not to dwell on that... but it was a reality of the day

Bigs did his water balloon challenge.. I failed at taking a photo...
then realized... I had to beat Bigs to the finish

should not be a problem
Bigs has one more checkpoint before the finish at The Pug
Bigs has to go to 1000 K Street NE
Cate and David house... signs and selfie with the ghost bike 

again early...
better early than late
I got to The Pug and it was crickets
nothing but crickets
Hawkin and Gunnar were stuck outside because they are underage 
while Cate and Company were prepping for a party
Cate, Cate's sister Amy, and I am not sure who else was setting up a spread of different vegetable salads and such... 
then... as I scored Alleycat Race manifests of arriving racers...Cate worked on the Just for Fun Alleycat Like Manifests 

I am not sure of the time
but it it may have been thirty or forty minutes for the next racer after Bigs
it was two of the Logan Loiterers 
Dario and Vik

they looked like they had just robbed a bank
the emotions were mixed
a little happy... a little mad... a little mixed up
there was some manifest adjustments

the scoring was on the way

Bigs had a perfect manifest
Sebastian rode with him... and filmed video... talked with Sebastian how I would have mapped it out and how I would have ridden it... Bigs did it exactly that way!

Dario and Vik?

Dario is always trying to be smarter than the manifest... he saw the route that Bigs took... but he thought he could outsmart the manifest and run it backwards!

well... it worked sort of...

Dario was the first racers to the Volt Park Checkpoint with Sol of Acme Pies
being the first racer to that checkpoint won him a free pie 

I scored Dario and Vik... with an adjustment for my wrong address... PERFECT MANIFESTS... complete manifests with bonuses... just like Brian Clark... 

so... we have our ONE TWO THREE...

racers started flooding in
I could not score them as quickly as they arrived
it was a back log
trying to go through as quickly as I could

incomplete manifests
bonus...
then later racers
John Dinn and then Bruce
the arrived after many of these racers
but they had compete manifests with bonueses
perfect
they moved up to forth and fifth

then a few others... no other perfect manifests

Cate scored all sorts of things and gave out a wealth of prizes

IT WAS SICK!

the Bags... the Bags... the Bags... did I mention the Bags...

Bags of Prizes and Bags as Bags!